Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thoughts on Simplicity

Simplicity. Living simply. What does this mean exactly? I can honestly say that I don't know. I'm used to a busy lifestyle. I'm always working on a show, going to class or work, hanging out with friends, making things to no avail. I like to get involved in things. But lately, I've been thinking about redefining some areas in my life and figuring out what I need and what I don't.

I'm tired. And this has been a transitional period for me as I might have said before. Right now I want to focus on living simply. Because I feel that with my overworked, busy, hectic lifestyle--I haven't been living at all. Or living to the fullest.

I want to make things. I want to enjoy being by myself. I want to appreciate what I have. I want to cook delicious meals. I want to appreciate the small things. I've tried to stop and smell the roses a bit in the past week, and what a difference it makes. Sometimes you just need to take a moment and appreciate the little things in life, like the perfect grilled cheese or 30 minutes to read your book. I don't know what this post is about exactly. I guess I just want to think about what is important. I don't write a ton on this blog, which is funny because writing is something I love dearly.

But for just a minute, I'm going to share with you about who I really am. In a few weeks, I will be done with performing for the semester. And then what? I've got nothing to do. So I intend to find joy in taking this spring to love the little things. Some of the things I want to do include reading my bookshelf, playing my banjo, making crafts, cooking, and riding my bike. I'm going through a season of my life where I don't like taking time for myself, but I think this spring I'm going to try to make the effort to enjoy myself. To live simply. So that's my little tirade. Thanks for listening oh blog world. I hope your evenings are merry and your days delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment