Monday, May 14, 2012

Music Mondays!--Covers Are Cool Edition

So this morning my dad sent me a link to this awesome indie cover playlist and I realized that I had to make Music Mondays about cover songs. So here are a few of my favorites from this playlist. If you want to listen to the whole playlist here's the link.
Okay, I LOVE this cover so much! Ingrid Michaelson covering Radiohead? Awesome. She really makes this song her own and that's what I love about it.

I mean, its Florence and the Machine...covering Beirut. What more could you want?
I'm a huge fan of both the Strokes and the Morning Benders, but this cover I have to admit may be better than the original.


So, I don't know how many people know this about Ben Folds, but he sure does have a knack for making incredible covers. I mean, who else can cover Ke$ha and Dr. Dre and make two completely different and incredibly catchy songs?! That's why he's a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment