Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Favorite Albums of 2011

Like every true music nerd, the year comes to a close and I think about what in my opinion were the most noteworthy albums of the year. I think about what I listened to the most and what I thought was the best of the best. So here they are...my favorite albums of 2011...
  1. Bon Iver- Bon Iver
  2. Peter Bjorn and John- Gimme Some
  3. Fleet Foxes- Helplessness Blues
  4. Death Cab for Cutie- Codes and Keys
  5. Sondre Lerche- Sondre Lerche
  6. St. Vincent- Strange Mercy
  7. Feist- Metals
  8. Devotchka- 100 Lovers
  9. Active Child- You Are All I See
  10. Milagres- Glowing Mouth
  11. Ski Lift- Romantic EP
  12. The Head and the Heart- The Head and the Heart

And now for some albums that were actually released in 2010, but I didn't start really playing until this year. So I guess they are like honorable mentions. Only not really. 
  1. The National- High Violet
  2. Ben Folds/ Nick Hornby- Lonely Avenue
  3. Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
  4. Jonsi- Go
Happy music folks! And Happy New Year! Can't wait to hear what 2012 has in store (A new Passion Pit album, please!?)


No comments:

Post a Comment